PoE Power Management
GS110TP offers useful PoE power management features to help you better control and monitor your power resource. The PoE timer can help turn off the PoE ports during certain times of the day so that your network can be more secure as well as energy efficient. It can also set prioritization on power usage so that specified ports are always guaranteed to get the power first if total power required exceeds the total power budget. The power will be assigned to the PoE ports dynamically depending on the actual power need of the individual network devices so that you don’t need to do any calculation. The PoE LED on the front panel will light up if the PoE
usage is reaching the threshold, meaning that insufficient PoE resource is left for powering up additional ports.
• Up to 70% power savings compared to the non-Green version
• Auto power-down mode saves energy when port is not in use
• Cable length detection reduces power usage when network cable is shorter than 10 meters Advanced Quality of Service (QoS).
Priority queuing ensures high-priority traffic gets delivered efficiently, even during congestion from high-traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive traffic to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads. The GS110TP provides an extensive set of QoS features:
• 802.1p-based prioritization
• Layer 3-based prioritization
• Rate limiting
The GS110TP provides more robust security. This includes:
• 802.1x for authentication
• ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC or IP addresses