aptiQ™ readers communicate with most security systems and products and read a variety of card formats, including magnetic stripe, proximity, smart and NFC, offering a complete solution today and an effortless migration path to future technologies.
The simplified line of aptiQ multi-technology readers offers five models suitable for almost any installation. The aptiQ smart reader and XceedID® proximity reader provide ideal options for installations that require one specific technology solution.
With our versatile multi-technology, smart and proximity reader options, we have a solution for any physical access control need. Our comprehensive, yet simple reader line-up is suitable for any new smart or proximity installation.
aptiQ™ Smart Readers
The aptiQ™ smart mini-mullion reader is an excellent option for a smart-only installation.
- 13.56 MHz single frequency contactless smart card technology
- Reads ISO 14443 A/B and 15693 credentials
- Compatible with:
- aptiQ™ smart credentials using MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire™ EV1
- aptiQmobile™ credentials using NFC technology
- CSN of most existing 13.56 MHz credentials
- Wiegand interface
- FIPS 201-1 compliant
- Tri-state LED (red, green, amber) and audible status alert
- Standard color is black. Gray, brown and cream colors are available, longer lead times may apply.
Allegion’s single-technology readers are sleek, compact and provide cost-effective options for applications that require one-technology solutions. The mini-mullion design makes these readers ideal for installation in tight spaces.
The aptiQ® SM10 smart reader and XceedID® PR10 proximity reader meet all applicable ISO standards to integrate with many access control systems, providing easy updates for many existing systems operating on Wiegand interfaces.
The SM10 is FIPS 201-1 compliant and recognizes most proximity credentials as well as ultra-secure MIFARE® Classic and MIFARE DESFire™ EV1 smart cards. The PR10 recognizes all industry leading 125 kHz proximity credentials.
Features and benefits
- Ability to read magnetic stripe cards, most proximity cards and aptiQ MIFARE Classic and MIFARE DESFire™ EV1 smart cards
- Wiegand output for simple interface with most access control panels
- FIPS 201-1 compliant
- NFC-compatible (excludes proximity only mini-mullion reader)
- Quick-connect cable for easy installation
- Easy-to-install mounting bracket